My latest "WORK of ART": Something Special for my Bestfriend's Wedding!

By 5:10 AM

It has been almost a year since the last post I made! wow, how unproductive I am... --;

but here I am, I want to represent my latest work of art!

me and the bride (my bestfriend)
So, I went to my bestfriend wedding last Saturday, to me, the event was special, because it was my bestfriend's, so I thought I should wear something special too. And I thought it was the right moment to show off who I really am. To show my work of art. To show my passion and to show what I am capable of beside studying medicine :p

Let me show you my look on the weeding reception I went to:
me and bestfriends
me and bestfriends
I will tell you what makes my look so special to me.

1. A HANDMADE DRESS

Yeay! For the first time I managed to make a dress using brocade fabric which is so hard and tricky to work with! My other friends were using the fabric to make conventional Kebaya (Javanesse traditional woman clothes), but I tried to make it looks different, so I didn't make conventional Kebaya, but I made some different style. Let me show you the detail of the dress.
dress overview
the back-look and front-look

Basically it was peplum dress. You can see the peplum skirt in the picture above. I combined it with wide-sleeves and high collar. If you see it closely, you will find that the collar is messy. It is messy, because I made it just the day before the wedding day. The back part also, it was a messy work, because I made it in a rush (because  I had my psychiatric exam coming up that week). But overall I really like the look I made in a very short period of time. As you can see, I'm just a med student, I don't have a real competency to work as a tailor :D but I really like how it turns out to be even if it's far from perfection :p

It was my first time too to sew a pattern on a tile fabric (see the detail in my chest). I have to cut the pattern from the brocade fabric, and sew it on tile so it looks like the original brocade. I wasn't sure about my work at first, but when I started to like it gradually. And finally, I found my confident to wear my work of art!

Below the dress, I was wearing Sogan Batik skirt. My mom and I picked the pattern. I think it suits the dress very well.

2. MY OWN MAKE UP DO

I really want to challenged my self on this thing. So I did my own makeup using my standard and basic makeup kit. I wasn't using the top recommended makeup kit to do this look, but I really satisfied. Here are the looks:



I used my favorite foundation from Kryolan and face powder from Wardah in Light Beige. Eyebrows using Brown natural brow pencil from SilkyGirl. Eyeshadow, blush on and shading by Sariayu. I was using 3 colors: gold, green, and black (and of course white for eyebrow bone). I even used a very cheap eyeprimer by VivaQueen, but it turned out to be fair enough, I mean, not too bad. I used a cheap gel liner from Pixy too, but they worked fair enough too. I used Maybelline lipstick, Summer sunset shade. And of course, falsies ;)

The only thing I didn't do my self was my hair-do. I can't make any hair-do by myself!


AND, that was it! Those two things were the reason why I felt special for my bestfriend wedding! I never really show off of my work of art, and now I DID IT!!! I am really happy about it though is far from perfection!

YEAY! I DID IT!

Starting from now on I guess I am confident enough to show my work even if it's not perfect like what tailor do. And I will keep on doing things like this :)

VIVA HONEY AND LUCKY!

Lastly, I never forget to take after-makeup-pictures. So here they are:



Hahaha, this is Halloween edition! Happy October!

You Might Also Like

0 comments