Graduation Make-over !

By 8:19 PM

I just graduated last week, everybody!!!!

Say, YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

I graduated with a very satisfying grade. I'm very happy but not 'that' happy because my school didn't give anything to honor my hardwork.But we are not going to talk about that. We are going to talk about the make-over I had for my graduation ceremony!

Every graduation ceremony in Indonesia requires you to wear Indonesian traditional clothes. In this case, I wore Kebaya, a traditional clothes of Java. I entrusted it to the tailor in Jogjakarta (Wimo Modiste), but I designed it my self (with a little help and suggestion from the tailor and my mom). I chose the fabric myself. I decided to go with grey. And I wanted to show my shoulder so here we go:

from behind


the pattern looks imbalance on the chest and on my back, but it's okay (I know it is so hard to make it balance). I looked gain more weight, right? The pattern in the bottom of the dress is the most beautiful part for me. And my shoulder too, of course. I love it! I combined my kebaya with dark blue-grey batik on bottom. And I wore a pair of beautiful sandals with the same colour: black, grey, and dark blue.
bought it on Elizabeth store (jogja)
This is the way I looked from up to bottom


Now, we are going to talk about make up. I went to Kartini Salon for my make up and hair do. First they did my hair. They put traditional hair-do called sanggul. It was made from my own hair. Take a look:

For make up, they put quite heavy makeup on my face. They used solid foundation with a really bright color (too bright for me-- compare to my hand). It looked really bad at first because my face was far brighter than my shoulder. So, I had to put foundation and powder on my shoulder too to make it just the as bright as my face. And thank God nobody noticed the difference and nobody noticed it in the picture :D

They put fake eyelashes (of course), and what I love the most was my eyebrows. They drew it perfectly (with Viva eyebrow pencil, I think). I like it so much! And they used eye-tape on my lid, they said my eye-lids weren't big enough, in order to make my eyeshadow pop out, they had to use eye-tape on my lid, without any eyeshadow base, just concealer (photoready by revlon). And they used pencil eyeliner for my eye. 

eye makeup
 They put the lighter grey on the eye-tape. I asked them to put darker grey to match my dress. So here it is:
look at my eyebrow
I have a different eyelid between my right and left eye. And the eye-tape made it look uneven. It's hard for me to open my eyes, and you can see it in my picture, that my left eye is narrow. But I like the eyeshadow though. Actually the eye tape made the lighter grey eyeshadow pop out, but still, I'm not a fan of eye tape.

They didn't use much blush on my cheek and no bronzer. Just a light blush. Actually I asked them to put bloody-red lipstick, but the color you see on my picture was the darkest red they had. So I had to go with this even if I wanted Taylor Swift red lips so much.

This is my look on the ceremony:
taken from my other blog: rumahindik.blogspot.com


Without those traditional touch on my face, without the hair, and the dress, this was my look after the ceremony:


It really looks like a painting, wow, I wonder how heavy those make up was! I looked completely different. Well, that's the power of make up :D

So, what do you think?


You Might Also Like

0 comments