Nail Art Newbie!

By 9:35 AM

lately I've been obsessed with nail polish and nail art. There are many nail art pictures at pinterest.com that inspires me. And there happens to be a challenge to make nail art at the looxperiments.com website. So, I think this is a great opportunity to learn nail art and demonstrate the results of my study on looxperiments web. With the little money I have left, I was trying to learn how to do nail art. The result? Here you go

My pictures
Cheap nail polish

my fingers



hmmm.. not that beautiful. Far from my expectation. Far from the "real" nail art I saw on pinterest.com. But I do learn something from this attempt. I'll tell you what mistakes I did on my first attempt:

1. I bought cheap nail polish.
Cheap nail polish has a different liquor, they are thicker or they become thick easily. the nail brush is rigid or become rigid easily. So you can't have a flat layer. you have to redo it. But unfortunately I am not a patience-type of  person. So My work looks (a little?) messy.

2. Always put the light color first.
When you put the darker color first, you have to make double layer with the lighter color above the dark one, means double work, double patience. Oh, I hate it.

3. Learn how to put it full on your nails.
My nails are big, but I can't cover it to the fullest.  I just don't know how to cover it all without making a mess around my nails.

4. Base coat and/or top coat is a must
I didn't use both. But if you want to make nail art (especially using cheap nail polish), you have to put base coat first and?or top coat after you finish your art. That will keep your work beautiful, glossy, shinny, and long lasting.

5. Aceton
remember, acetone is a volatile liquid! Don't forget to close the bottle or you will find it empty next time you want to clean up your nails.


That's the basic things that I learned from this attempt. Next time, I will make something just like pictures on the pinterest.com :)

see you!

You Might Also Like

0 comments